Thursday, October 4, 2012

BYU's biggest little fan: My niece Mattie

One of the most important pieces of knowledge one can instill into a young child is "Gooooo Cougars!" That's why I've been teaching my 2-year old niece Mattie the BYU fight song. She's got the "Rah! Rah! Go Cougars!" part down pat. Nearly every time I go to her house, she greets me at the door by singing it.

She might not admit it in person, but her favorite Cougar is Brandon Davies (I must admit he's one of my favorites, too). One time last season, I was watching a basketball game at her house and she was jumping on the couch while chanting, "B-Y-U! Davies! Davies! Davies!" What a cutie.

My sister Carolyn (her mother) told me that she now requests the "B-Y-Cougars song" at bedtime and sings the alphabet as "A-B-C-D-B-Y-U!" That's definitely the way it should be!

One day when she was running around the house singing the fight song, Carolyn asked her if she was cheering for the Cougars. Mattie replied. "Yes. I cheer for lots and lots of Cougars!" Here is some video evidence of her undying loyalty. I love this little girl:


No comments:

Post a Comment