Friday, December 16, 2011

Baylor Game Predictions

Dang it! I must be cursed. Stephen Rogers, one of my sixth man of the year nominees, is out for 2-4 weeks with a knee injury. Argh. That's going to make tomorrow's game against Baylor a whole lot harder. And it was already gonna be hard. Although I'm still optimistic, mainly because of Matt Carlino. I am beyond excited to watch him play for the Cougs. BYU is now the third college he's been to (he went from Indiana to UCLA to BYU), but he still has 3 1/2 years left of eligibility. I've only seen him play live at the Cougar Kickoff this year, but he really impresses me. I'm not going to try to throw out a final score because I'm always way off, but my prediction is that the game will start out slow (BYU might fall behind a little, but they'll come back to even it up). It will be fairly tight until the last few minutes, when the Cougars pull ahead and win by about 6 points. I really hope the extent of my curse ended with Rogers' injury. Let's pray I'm not jinxing it. I think they can do it, and not just 'cause I'm a big fan. I really think they have the ability to win. I expect full celebrating in the streets (a la 2009 Oklahoma football victory) post game. Ready? Go Cougs!

No comments:

Post a Comment