Monday, April 16, 2012

Tyler Haws is Back!

I don't have a whole lot to say in this post except that I'm super excited that Tyler Haws is back from his mission to the Philippines and will be back on the basketball team next season. His stats and awards speak for themselves. Named All-MWC Third Team, Academic All-MWC, Male Rookie of the Year at the Y Awards, and the team's Most Inspirational Player for the 2009-2010 season, Haws averaged 11.3 points and 4.2 rebounds per game, with 26 steals and 54 assists during the season.

I'm betting that having Tyler back will at least partially fill the Kyle Collinsworth-sized hole in my heart. And I'm even more excited for Kyle to get back from his mission, so Tyler and Kyle can play together in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015. Holy crud, that's gonna be amazing. 'Nuff said.


1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! Tyler is a great baller and tough as nails! I'm very excited about the future of BYU basketball!

    I wish I could say the same about football, but there is a lot of uncertainty. I think Bronco could learn a few things from Coach Rose about recruiting, player development, and relationship with the fans.

    ReplyDelete