Thursday, February 12, 2015

Is BYU Going Dancing in 2015?

The shot that passed Danny Ainge.
Only 70 more points to pass Jimmer!
I haven't posted in a few months (sigh...), but now that the end of the BYU basketball season is approaching, I've got to repent & get some blogging going again!

The big question on everyone's mind right now is whether the Cougars will get into the big dance this year. And no, I'm not talking about Jake Toolson's Riverdance (although that is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen).

They are definitely on the bubble, but whether they are in or out is still TBD. Unfortunately, my personal opinion is that they probably won't make it. I think they will lose to Gonzaga and maybe one other team along the way (most likely is tonight vs. St. Mary's), which will seal the deal with the NIT. They may not even make it to the conference tournament championship, especially if they end up being a 4-seed and have to play Gonzaga in the semi-finals.

However, I'm one of those weird people who's ok with the NIT. I hate it when they get a low seed in the NCAA and lose in the first round (and that's almost inevitably what will happen if they do make it in). I'd rather have them get a few more home games and have the shot to still be playing hoops in April, making it to the NIT final four like they did a couple years ago. Hoops in late March / early April = shorter off-season and a shorter mourning period for me. So those are my selfish reasons...

However, I would be sad if they don't make it to the NCAA because I know that's what the players want, and I want them to get what they want, especially Tyler. He deserves so much more than what he's getting for his senior year! So I do hope they make it for that reason. I'm already on the verge of tears just thinking about him graduating...

For now, though, they just need to take it one game at a time. Let's beat them Gaels!!

P.S. Shout out to KC for breaking the NCAA triple double record! So awesome!!! That has made this lackluster season a whole lot brighter.

P.P.S. Tyler only needs 70 more points to pass Jimmer! I really, really hope it happens in a home game so I can be there to see it. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment