Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Time Has Come for BYU vs. MICHIGAN!

I've been looking forward to this week's game for almost THREE YEARS. I can't believe it's finally here! I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else right now except excitement for the game and wondering what I'm forgetting to pack, but I figure I should say more in this post than "I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE MICHIGAN GAME!" so here are a few thoughts on Boise State & UCLA.

The Boise State game was crazy. I was lucky enough to wrangle myself a ticket and sat with my awesome BYU fan home teacher & his sister in the student section. I'd almost forgotten how much I hate sitting in the ROC, though . . . No, 5 more people cannot fit there! It's a claustrophobic's worst nightmare. But it was an amazing atmosphere, especially on those 2 final scores, #MangumMiracle #2 with the long pass to Mitch Juergens on 4th and 7 ("WE'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE!"), and Kai Nacua's 3rd interception of the night for a pick-6. I don't think I've ever heard it be so loud in LES before! Best of all, they did it #4Taysom.

Now about UCLA. I always say before games like this that I'll be ok if BYU loses, as long as it's a fair fight and they don't get blown out. But then when they lose by 1 point, I'm never ok with THAT. They really should have won that game and deserved to win that game, so it's frustrating, but definitely not the end of the world. We're still far exceeding expectations.

I'm impressed with Tanner Mangum more each game. He has amazing maturity and poise and the ability to keep calm under pressure, which is so rare among QBs in general-- and he's a freshman!

The Cougs are still ranked going into the Big House, and despite being an underdog again (this time, I hear by about 4 points), I'm confident that they can pull it off. Yes, I am a Michigan fan, too, but I'm going to channel all my BYU fandom into this one-- believe you me! I am definitely cheering for COUGAR blue on Saturday! Watch for me on ABC!

No comments:

Post a Comment